Trouble viewing images? Click on images to enlarge.
Article Goal: Provide the permissions for the default WebReports roles.
In this article we cover the permissions granted by each of the default WebReports roles.
What are the default roles?
WebReports has 6 default roles (Admin, Publisher, Queue, RoleAdmin, Scheduler and User).
1. Users can be assigned multiple roles at the same time; each permission assigned to the specific role will be given to the user. For example, someone with the User and Scheduler roles will have all permissions for the User and Scheduler roles.
2. The Admin role has all permissions.
3. Additional Roles can be created. Click here for more info.
4. Users with the Scheduler role will only be able to schedule reports that are available to their assigned roles. For example, if you only have the Scheduler role you will only be able to schedule reports assigned to Scheduler. If you are assigned the Scheduler and User roles, you can schedule reports assigned to both the Scheduler and User roles.)
5. Queue for Role requires both Queue and RoleAdmin permissions.
Admin: The Admin role gives the maximum level of permissions in WebReports.
- Execute, Download, Download For Role, Queue, Queue For Role all Available Reports
- View Parameters, Download, View, Re-execute all Completed Reports
- Use the Scheduler
- Create Connection Profiles
- Set up Email Profile
- View full WebReports logging (WebReports, Executions, All)
Publisher: Allows you to connect with VDM to publish reports to WebReports.
- Execute and Download available reports assigned to the Publisher role
- View parameters, Download and View completed reports
Queue: Has the ability to Queue reports
- Execute, Download and Queue available reports
- View parameters, Download, View and Rerun completed reports assigned to the Queue Role
RoleAdmin: Has the ability to Download and Queue reports for Roles.
- Execute, Download, Download For Role and Queue for role reports assigned to the RoleAdmin role (See important note 5 above for more info)
- View parameters and Download completed reports
Scheduler: The scheduler role grants permission to use the Scheduler to automate reports
- Execute and Download reports assigned to the Scheduler Role
- View parameters, Download and View completed reports assigned to the Scheduler Role
- Schedule Jobs to run automatically in the Scheduler (See important note 4 above for more info)
User: Basic level of permissions to run and download assigned reports.
- Execute and Download reports assigned to the User Role
- View parameters, Download and View completed reports assigned to the User Role