Trouble viewing images? Click on images to enlarge.
Article Goal: Configure IIS.
In this article we are going to provide the steps to configure your server in IIS.
Steps To Configure IIS.
1. Launch Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
2. Expand the drop down and right click on Application Pools, then select Add Application Pool.
3. Enter an Application Pool Name. In the example below we used WebReports.
4. Set the .NET CLR version to No Managed Code, then click OK.
5. Expand the Sites folder, then select Default Web Site or create a new site.
6. Select Basic Settings under the Edit Site section.
7. Click Select for the Application Pool.
8. Select your new application pool, then click OK.
9. Click OK on the Edit Site form.
10. Click on Application Pools. Right click on the new application pool that you created, then select Recycling.
11. Uncheck the Regular Time Intervals option, then click Next.
12. Click Finish.
13. Right click on the new application pool you created again, then select Advanced Settings.
14. Change Start Mode to AlwaysRunning.
15. Change Idle Time-out Action to Suspend, then click OK.
16. Click on the Default Web Site, then click Bindings.
17. Click Add.
18. Change the Type to https.
19. Select your IP address.
20. Enter your port. (Default port is 443)
21. Select your SSL certificate, then click OK.
Note: If you do not have one, contact your certificate authority (CA).
22. Select port 80, then click Remove.
23. Select Yes.
24. Download and extract the files from WebReportsV10 folder.
25. Wait for the files to finish extracting.
26. Copy all of the contents in the WebReportsV10 folder. (Ctrl + A > Ctrl + C)
27. Paste them into your wwwroot folder. (Refer to step 6 : Physical Path for file location)
28. Open your appsettings.json file with a text editor.
29. Edit the appsettings.json connection string for the DefaultConnection with the following information.
- Server (Found at step 2 - Configure Your Microsoft SQL Server Instance In SSMS)
- Instance Name (Found at step 7 - Microsoft SQL Express 2019 SSMS Installation)
- Database (Found at step 9 - Configure Your Microsoft SQL Server Instance In SSMS)
- User ID (Found at step 11 - Configure Your Microsoft SQL Server Instance In SSMS)
- Password (Found at step 13 - Configure Your Microsoft SQL Server Instance In SSMS)
30. Select the Default Web Site and then click on the Browse Website link.
31. Sign into WebReports using the default admin login.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Immediately change the default Administrator password after logging in.
Note: A self signed certificate was used for the demo purpose, resulting in the "not secure" connection.