Trouble seeing the images? Right click on images and open in new tab to enlarge or zoom in on the page (Ctrl + mousewheel).
Article Goal: Troubleshoot 500.30 error - ASP.NET CORE app failed to start
In this article we are going to cover the possible reasons and solutions you may be recieving a 500.30 error when trying to start your WebReports application.
Common Reasons for 500.30 Error.
1. .Net Hosting Bundle versioning.
- From v11 to v12 the .Net Hosting Bundle requirements changed from .Net 5 to 6
2. Outdated/malformed appsettings.json
- From v11 to v12 you may need some adjustments to the appsettings.json file. The default v12 appsettings.json is present in the WebReports installation zip, can be compared to the current version.
3. The user account attempting to connect to WebReports when Windows Authentication is enabled does not have an email address listed in the Active Directory.
- Some users have "admin" variants of their accounts, and often do not have an associated email address. Email addresses are required to access WebReports.
4. Communication between IIS Server and MS SQL database