Trouble seeing the images? Right click on images and open in new tab to enlarge or zoom in on the page (Ctrl + mousewheel).
Article Goal: Trouble shoot docker startup challenges
In this article we are going to cover the steps to trouble shoot challenges with the Docker startup. Startup logging was added that will go into \App_Data\Logs\Log.txt when there is a startup/communication failure with MS SQL. This article assumes you've already completed the steps detailed in WebReports Setup for Windows Docker – BridgeWorks Help Center (bridgeworksllc.com)
Not yet available.
Steps To Troubleshoot Docker Startup.
1. To keep the BridgeWorksWR container up and running for troubleshooting, adjust the appsettings.json Default Connection string time out to 600 seconds. This will provide 10 minutes of uptime before the MS SQL Connection times out.
2. Copy the updated appsettings.json file with the 600 second Connect Time out back to the container.
docker cp c:\temp\appsettings.json BridgeWorksWR:/app/
3. Start the container with the following command:
docker start BridgeWorksWR
4. Connect to the BridgeWorksWR container using the following command:
docker exec -it BridgeWorksWR /bin/sh
5. Navigate the to the \App_Data\Logs directory (one at a time)
6. View the Log.txt file using the cat command
Any errors will be visible in the logs (see screenshot below).