Trouble seeing the images? Right click on images and open in new tab to enlarge or zoom in on the page (Ctrl + mousewheel).
Article Goal: Create an API Key for users with API functionality in WebReports.
In this article we are going to cover the steps to create an API key that will enable users to leverage the API calls in WebReports.
- The API Key is used to authenticate your application requests to the WebReports API.
- You will only see the API Key once. It will need to be securely stored for future use.
Why Create a WebReports API Key?
The API Key is an alternate form of authentication for application requests to the WebReports API. Authentication with the API Key also allows a selection of acceptable DNS / IPs that can leverage the API calls.
Where Do You Create a WebReports API Key?
API Keys are setup on the API Keys page located under the management section of the WebReports navigation bar.
Not yet available.
Steps To Create a WebReports API Key.
1. Log in to WebReports using an account with the Admin role.
2. Click on the Management section of the WebReports navigation bar.
3. Click on API Keys.
4. Click on the Set New API Key button.
5. Copy your API Secret Key and store it in a secure location.
Important Note: You will only see the Secret Key once and will need to record it for future use.
6. Enter your application name.
Alternate Config / Optional: When creating a Secret API key to use for a user's connection profile in VDM, the user will need to be selected for the API key.
7. Enter a description of the application that will leverage the API key.
8. Enter the allowed hosts (separate multiple entries by a semi-colon). If you want to allow any IP just enter an asterisk (*).
Note: You can enter DNS or IP Address
9. Click Add API Key.