Trouble seeing the images? Right click on images and open in new tab to enlarge or zoom in on the page (Ctrl + mousewheel).
Article Goal: Explain what the WebReports Value / WRXValue does and provide usage examples.
In this article we provide information on what the WRXValue is and where and how to use it.
What is the WRXValue?
This value is used in communication with VDM. If the WRXValue does not match in the connection information, you will be unable to reach the WR server.
Where Can You Create / Use WRXValue?
The WRXValue is first set by admins in the appsettings.json file. Once the value is set, it can then be used to create WebReports connection profiles in VDM. Without the correct WRXValue, connections will not be able to be made with the WebReports server.
Steps To Create A WRXValue.
1. Open the appsettings.json file. (Part of the WebReportsInstall.zip)
2. Replace YOURVALUEHERE with a new WRXValue. The example below used NEWWRXVALUE but you should create a unique value.
3. Save the changes made to the appsettings.json
Steps To Use WRXValue.
1. Open VDM
2. Click on the Database ribbon bar at the top of VDM, then select New.
3. Select the WebReports connection type, then click next.
4. Enter your WebReports connection information, once you get to the WebReports Value, use the same value that was used in the appsettings.json for WRXValue. This example used NEWWRXVALUE.