Trouble viewing images? Click on images to enlarge.
Article Goal: Update / Updating WebReports to the latest version.
In this article we are going to cover the steps needed to update WebReports to the latest version.
Where Do You Download The Latest Version Of WebReports?
You can get the latest version here.
Steps To Update WebReports.
1. Download the latest version of WebReports.
2. Right click on the downloaded zip file and select Properties.
3. Enable/Check the Unblock box, then click Apply.
4. Stop the WebReports application pool by clicking on Application Pools and right clicking on the WebReports application pool, then select Stop.
5. Stop the IIS service by right clicking on it and selecting Stop.
6. Create a backup of your WebReports installation, via Windows Explorer, by right-clicking on the wwwroot folder and choosing Copy from the context menu. Next, right-click inside Windows Explorer and choose Paste.
7. Extract the files from the download (right click and extract all).
8. Open the folder created during the extraction and delete the appsettings.json and appsettings.Development.json files.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you do not delete the appsettings.json files you will overwrite your WebReports configuration.
9. Select all the remaining files in the extracted folder and copy them into your clipboard (Ctrl + A > Ctrl + C).
10. Paste the copied files from your Windows clipboard into your wwwroot folder. When prompted to overwrite the existing files choose "Yes" for all files.
NOTE: The number of files listed in the destination may vary depending on your installation.
11. Start the IIS service by right clicking on it and selecting Start.
12. Start the WebReports application pool by clicking on Application Pools and right clicking on the WebReports application pool, then select Start.
13. Browse to your WebReports URL and verify access to the WebReports application.