Trouble seeing the images? Right click on images and open in new tab to enlarge or zoom in on the page (Ctrl + mousewheel).
Article Goal: Update / Updating WebReports to the latest version.
In this article we are going to cover the steps needed to update WebReports to the latest version. Before updating it is recommended to check the requirements for the latest version of WebReports.
Where Do You Download The Latest Version Of WebReports?
You can get the latest version here.
Steps To Update WebReports.
1. Stop the WebReports application pool by clicking on Application Pools and right clicking on the WebReports application pool, then select Stop.
2. Stop the IIS service by right clicking on it and selecting Stop.
3. Create a backup of your WebReports installation, via Windows Explorer, by right-clicking on the wwwroot folder and choosing Copy from the context menu. Next, right-click inside Windows Explorer and choose Paste.
4. Delete all the files in your wwwroot directory except wwwroot and appsettings.
NOTE: Ctrl + A will select all files in the wwwroot directory, then Ctrl + Click on wwwroot and appsettings.json to unselect them.
Result: After doing the process in step 4
5. Go into your wwwroot folder and delete all the files except assets.
NOTE: Ctrl + A will select all files in the folder, then Ctrl + Click on assets unselect it.
Result: After doing the process in step 5
6. Download the latest version of WebReports.
7. Right click on the downloaded zip file and select Properties.
8. Enable/Check the Unblock box, then click Apply.
9. Extract the files from the downloaded zip (right click and extract all).
10. Open the folder created during the extraction and then open the appsettings.json file. Compare your appsettings.json file with the new one for any entries that may need to be updated (copy and paste sections from the new appsettings into your appsettings)
IMPORTANT NOTE: This will only apply to older versions of WebReports that may be missing entries in the appsettings. (Example: Newer versions of the appsettings could have Database Maintenance entries, where older appsettings may not.)
11. Delete the appsettings.json file from the extracted WebReports installation zip.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you do not delete this file you will overwrite your WebReports configuration.
12. Select all the remaining files in the extracted folder and copy them into your clipboard (Ctrl + A > Ctrl + C).
13. Paste the copied files from your Windows clipboard into your wwwroot directory. When prompted to overwrite the existing files choose "Yes" for all files.
NOTE: The number of files listed in the destination may vary depending on your installation.
14. Start the IIS service by right clicking on it and selecting Start.
15. Start the WebReports application pool by clicking on Application Pools and right clicking on the WebReports application pool, then select Start.
16. Browse to your WebReports URL and verify access to the WebReports application.