Trouble viewing images? Click on images to enlarge.
In this article we provide detail and an example for creating a connection profile in Web Reports.
Why Create A Connection Profile?
The connection profile is used to connect to your database.
Where Can Create A Connection Profile?
You can create a connection profile in the Settings tab of Web Reports on the Connection Profile page.
Steps To Create A Connection Profile.
1. Make sure you are on the Connection Profile page in the Settings tab of Web Reports.
2. Click the add button to add a new connection profile.
3. Enter your Connection Profile name.
4. Select the connection type for your database.
5. Enable / Disable Prefix TO/Schema Name.
6. Enter your Server.
7. Enter your Database.
8. Enter Instance. (NOT REQUIRED)
9. Enter Port. (NOT REQUIRED)
10. Enter User Name. Note: Trusted Connection does not require username / password.
11. Enter Password. Note: Trusted Connection does not require username / password.
12. Verify successful connection using the Test Connection button.
13. Your new connection profile will then be listed on the Connection Profiles page.