Trouble seeing the images? Right click on images and open in new tab to enlarge or zoom in on the page (Ctrl + mousewheel).
In this article we provide detail and an example for creating a connection profile in WebReports.
Why Create A Connection Profile?
Connection profiles are used to connect to your database and communicate between VDM.
Where Can You Create a Connection Profile?
You can create connection profiles on the Connection page located under the Management tab of the WebReports navigation bar.
Steps To Create a Connection Profile.
1. Click on the Management tab of Web Reports navigation bar, then select Connections.
2. Click the add button to add a new connection profile.
3. Enter your Connection Profile name.
4. Select the connection type for your database.
5. Enable / Disable Prefix TO/Schema Name.
6. Enter your Server.
7. Enter your Database.
8. Enter Instance (NOT REQUIRED).
9. Enter Port. (NOT REQUIRED)
10. Enter your User Name. Note: Trusted Connection does not require username / password.
11. Enter your Password. Note: Trusted Connection does not require username / password.
12. Verify successful connection using the Test Connection button.
13. Your new connection profile will then be listed on the Connection Profiles page.