Trouble seeing the images? Right click on images and open in new tab to enlarge or zoom in on the page (Ctrl + mousewheel).
In this article we cover creating additional user logins for a SQL server instance.
Steps To Create New SQL Server Instance Login
1. Right click on your SQL server instance and select Properties.
2. Select the Security page and then set the Server Authentication to SQL server and WIndows Authentication mode, then click OK.
3. Expand the Security folder and then right click on Logins, then select New Login.
4. Enter the Login name and select SQL Server authentication. Enter the password for the login.
5. Map the new user for the master database and enable the db_datareader, db_datawriter, db_owner and db_securityadmin permissions, then click OK.
6. Right click on your SQL server instance and select Restart.
7. Log in to your SQL server using the new login to verify. Make sure to set Authentication to SQL Server Authentication.