Trouble seeing the images? Right click on images and open in new tab to enlarge or zoom in on the page (Ctrl + mousewheel).
In this article we cover creating additional user logins for a SQL server instance.
Steps To Create New SQL Server Instance Login
Important Note: Microsoft SQL Server is REQUIRED to create additional logins. Download Microsoft SQL Server Express here.
1. Right click on your SQL server instance and select Properties.
2. Select the Security page and then set the Server Authentication to SQL server and WIndows Authentication mode, then click OK.
3. Expand the Security folder and then right click on Logins, then select New Login.
4. Enter the Login name and select SQL Server authentication. Enter the password for the login.
5. Map the new user for the master database and enable the db_datareader, db_datawriter, db_owner and db_securityadmin permissions, then click OK.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are configuring the Scheduler to use a SQL database, create a new database named Scheduler and map the user for that database (db_datareader and db_datawriter).
6. Right click on your SQL server instance and select Restart.
7. Log in to your SQL server using the new login to verify. Make sure to set Authentication to SQL Server Authentication.