Trouble seeing the images? Right click on images and open in new tab to enlarge or zoom in on the page (Ctrl + mousewheel).
In this article we look at some of the basic steps for creating a Visualization using the Visualize Designer in VDM.
Why Create a Visualization?
Visualize allows you to create drag and drop data visualizations where you are able to interact with data. with adjustable filters, tabbed containers, data filtering based off clicking values and more.
Steps To Start Creating a Visualization
NOTE: The steps below may not be necessary to create your preferred Visualization. It will come down to understanding what your goal / format / layout is for your report and picking out what needs to be done. The steps below will attempt to cover a large portion of the steps that are typically involved when creating a Visualization.
1. Open and run a View.
2. Click on Visualize Designer.
3. Add a Tab Container by clicking on the Tab Container button.
4. Insert your first control (pivot, grid, chart, pie, etc.).
5. Drag your controls into the Tab Container.
6. Drag your desired fields into the control as needed.
7. Repeat steps 4, 5 and 6 as needed.
Optional: Add additional pages/tabs to the Tab Container by clicking on the plus ( + ) icon inside the container.
Optional: Add a filter element to the visualization and drag the field into the filter element you wish to filter on.