Trouble viewing images? Click on images to enlarge.
In this article we cover the setting up a Single Master Filter inside Visualize. If you would like to download the sample View used in this demonstration, scroll down to the bottom of the page where there will be a download link available, or click here.
Why Use Multiple Master Filter?
When enabled, Multiple Master Filter gives the user the ability to filter other elements in their Visualize dashboard based on selecting multiple values in the dashboard. For example, selecting MULTIPLE portions of a pie chart will filter all other dashboard items (Grid, Pivot, etc.) based on the value(s) selected.
How To Set Up Multiple Master Filter
1. Open/Create your View and run it. Then go into the Visualize Designer.
2. Insert a Visualize element (Grid, Pivot, Pie, etc.) into the Dashboard.
3. Insert another Visualize element into the dashboard.
4. Select the Pie Chart.
5. Click on the Data Tab for the Tools at the top of Visualize.
NOTE: These tools will change based on selected element (Chart Tools, Pie Tools, etc.)
6. Enable Multiple Master Filter.
7. Click on a section of the Pie Chart and you should see your data inside the Grid update accordingly.
NOTE: Using Multiple Master Filer will let you select (Ctrl + Click) MULTIPLE values.