Trouble viewing images? Click on images to enlarge.
In this article we look at the new install locations for VDM using the MSI.
There are 4 main install locations for VDM files.
- AppData - contains the user's OPTIONS, VDM.lic file and their RECENT file by default.
- ProgramData - contains the Windows Service DLLs and EXE as well as the SERVICEOPTIONS file.
- Program Files - contains VDM dlls, executable, service folder and report import
- Documents - default location for VDM to store all user defined data, reports, connection profiles etc. If using an imported options file, the folder locations set in the OPTIONS file will be used.
In the file explorer type %appdata% and press enter then select BridgeWorks VDM.
The install folder located in AppData will contain the following files:
- Options file for VDM
- VDM.lic file
Screenshot of Appdata files:
In the file explorer type %programdata% and press enter then select BridgeWorks VDM.
The install folder located in Programdata will contain the following files:
- Service Folder (dlls and exe.)
- Install Logs
- Service Options
Screenshot of Programdata Files:
In the file explorer type program files and press enter then select BridgeWorks LLC then BridgeWorks VDM. The default install location for VDM is: C:\Program Files\BridgeWorks LLC\BridgeWorks VDM\
The install folder located in program files will contain the following files:
- Service Folder
Screenshot of Program Files:
In the file explorer navigate to the user documents and select BridgeWorks VDM. This will be the location for the default settings inside VDM.
The install folder located in Documents will contain the following files:
Screenshot of Documents Files: