Trouble viewing images? Click on images to enlarge.
Article Goal: Encryption of user's Okta settings.
In this article we are going to cover how to encrypt the Okta settings for WebReports.
Where Do You Encrypt Your WebReports Connection String and Okta Settings?
Your WebReports Connection string and Okta settings can be encrypted inside VDM by clicking on the Help menu in VDM, then selecting WR App Settings.
Steps To Encrypt Your Okta Settings.
NOTE: When copying the values inside appsettings, copy the value inside the double quotes ( " ).
1. Click the Help Menu then select WR App Settings.
2. Open your appsettings.json file.
3. Copy the Company ID and WR License Key from the Registration section of the appsettings and then paste it into the corresponding License Information.
4. Copy your OktaDomain from appsettings and paste it into the Domain section.
5. Copy your ClientId from appsettings and paste it into the Client ID section.
6. Copy your ClientSecret from appsettings and paste it into the Client Secret section.
7. Copy your APIToken from appsettings and paste it into the APIToken section.
8. Click the Create Okta Strings button.
9. Copy the encrypted Domain string and paste it over the unencrypted OktaDomain in the appsettings.
10. Copy the encrypted Client ID string and paste it over the unencrypted ClientID in the appsettings.
11. Copy the encrypted Client Secret string and paste it over the unencrypted ClientSecret in the appsettings.
12. Copy the encrypted Client Secret string and paste it over the unencrypted ClientSecret in the appsettings.
13. Set the Encrypted setting to true, then save the file.