Trouble viewing images? Click on images to enlarge.
VDM has the ability to read, process and treat FACS Statement text files as a database file. The feature enables you to leverage the data within the FACS Statement for Finished Reports and Visualize. We provide a VDM View with a Finished Report at the bottom of this article.
Before you get started, there are some settings within FACS that need to be configured before you produce your FACS Statement. These configurations are required as VDM is reading and parsing the FACS Statement text file line by line. Any deviation from the requirements may result in an incomplete or inaccurate result.
The following settings are required for Letter Code 960:
FORM LENGTH: 17
TOP BLANK LINES: 0
LEFT MARGIN: 0
The following lines must be included and set to the columns defined below.
LINE 1 COLUMN 1: <<82@NOTE1>>
LINE 3 COLUMN 1: <<82@NOTE2>>
LINE 4 COLUMN 1: <<82@NOTE3>>
LINE 6 COLUMN 1: <<82@CLACCT>>
LINE 10 COLUMN 10: <<CLIENT ADDRESS>>
Statement Detail Letters:
If you utilize Statement Detail Letters each line must be indented for VDM to properly process the data. Recommended <<@8>> or <<@10>>
The test parser requires two lines per consumer entry. You can use a detail letter or Sort Code 2 or 3 to meet this requirement:
Statement System Option for decimal:
Verify the decimal point option is set to Yes.
Approved Client Masters Statement Settings:
We've tested VDM using the following two configurations.
Generate FACS Statement
With the prerequisites completed, you can now create your FACS Statement using the
- Go to menu 3,9,1
- Select Document Number
- Verify the data
- Create Text File
- Run the text file through VDM (Steps Below)
Before we process our first FACS Statement we need to setup the FACS Client Statement template in VDM.
1. Right click on Database Files in the Tables/Fields section and select Add From Text File > Templates > FACS
2. Verify you have the latest templates by clicking Update Templates.
3. Select the FACS_ClientStatement Template
4. Set the File Options File location to the FACS Statement text file you created earlier. Click Test Import to verify setup.
5. Click Finish after the Import Successful message is displayed.
6. The FACS_ClientStatement template should now be available under Database Files in Tables/Fields.
OPTIONAL: Drag the newly created template into the Report Fields area of VDM and click run to test that results are obtained.
7. Download and Open this FACSStatement.vdm View (last updated 1/28/2020). Click Run View and you will be prompted to select the FACS Statement Report File*.
*The FACSStatement.vdm View has a parameter that will allow you to define the location of your FACS Statement text file at run time. We've provided a samples FACS Statement text output here for testing purposes FACS Statement Example.txt
8. Click Finish to process the FACS Statement into VDM. Once the View has executed and completed, click on Finished Reports to view the report.
Finished Report Preview