Trouble seeing the images? Right click on images and open in new tab to enlarge or zoom in on the page (Ctrl + mousewheel).
In this article we cover how to set date parameter values to Reserved Words in the Scheduler.
How does it work?
When running a view through the scheduler, it is likely that the date parameters on the view need to be filtered based on the date / time the job is scheduled to run. In order to do this, we need to use reserved words as the parameter value.
For example, if you want to use the day the report is set to run for the parameter value, you will need to use the @Date reserved word for the value. When using the scheduler this is done slightly different than running a report inside VDM.
Steps To Use Reserved Word Values for a Scheduled Date Parameter
1. Open/Create your Job with your View in it.
2. Select your execution you want to set the value for the Date Time Picker parameter on.
3. Scroll down to the Misc properties, then expand the Parameters Collection.
4. Scroll down to the Data section and set the Value to your desired Reserved Word, then click OK.
Note: Repeat the process for as many Date Parameters as needed to make your query work as desired.
5. Save the updates to the job.
6. Schedule your job to verify the reserved word is getting you the desired results.