Trouble seeing the images? Right click on images and open in new tab to enlarge or zoom in on the page (Ctrl + mousewheel).
Article Goal: Clear orphaned subreports.
Version: 10.2.5.0 and later.
In this article we are going to cover the steps to take in order to clear out orphaned subreports in the View's Finished Report.
Article Summary: Update VDM to the minimum required version and save the view within the Finished Report Designer to remove orphaned subreports.
What Are Orphaned Subreports?
A subreport that is still inside the view file, but not in the Finished Report. In older versions of VDM there were situations that could cause the report to become detached from the view. This would cause issues when trying to use the Finished Report.
Where Do You Clear Orphaned Subreports?
Save your view while inside the Finished Reports Designer. It is recommended to create backups of your view before doing so.
Not yet available.
Steps To Clear Orphaned Subreports.
Note: It is recommended to create backups of your view before making changes.
1. Update VDM to make sure you have the latest version or at least the minimum version (10.2.5.0) required.
2. Make backups / copies of your views.
3. Open the view/views and enter the Finished Reports Designer.
4. Save the Finished Report inside the designer.
5. Verify the orphaned subreports are no longer in the View.