Trouble viewing images? Click on images to enlarge.
Article Goal: Installation and Setup of Microsoft SQL Express 2019 and SQL Server Management Studio
In this article we are going to download and install Microsoft SQL Express 2019.
Note: Microsoft SQL Express 2019 is a free download from Microsoft. SQL Express has a 10GB database size limit and may not be suitable for all environments. If your user counts, report volumes and data retention policies require more that 10GB of total Microsoft SQL database storage, you will need to purchase a Microsoft SQL Standard license for an authorized vendor.
Where Do You Download Microsoft SQL Express?
You can get Microsoft SQL Express 2019 here.
Steps to install and setup Microsoft SQL Express 2019.
1. Download the Microsoft SQL Express setup here. (SQL Express 2019 Steps below)
2. Run the executable to begin the installation.
3. Select the Basic installation type.
4. Read and click Accept to the License Terms.
5. Set the Install Location, then click Install.
6. Wait for the installation to complete.
7. Click Install SSMS (SQL Server Management Studio).
NOTE: The Instance name (SQLEXPRESS) will be used later in configuring your appsettings.
8. Click the download link.
9. Run the SSMS setup.
10. Select the install location, then click Install.
11. Wait for the installation to complete.
12. Once the Setup is complete, click Close.