Trouble viewing images? Click on images to enlarge.
Steps for DSC Setup
Note: Before following the steps for the DSC Setup, ensure that your docker environment is set up.
1. Run the following command using PowerShell:
docker pull bridgeworks/saasdataservice:Alpine_1.1.0
2. Run the following command using PowerShell:
docker run --name BridgeWorksDSC -p 8080:80 --dns=126.96.36.199 -td bridgeworks/saasdataservice:Alpine_1.1.0
External Port: This can be changed to what ever port is required. (Example: 8080)
3. Verify BridgeWorksDSC Container is running.
Note: We do not assist with certificates. We strongly recommend that all communication between VDM and the Data Service Connector is over TLS and the DSC to the IRIS database.
4. Run the following command using PowerShell:
docker cp BridgeWorksDSC:/app/appsettings.json c:\temp
5. Browse to the New File and open with a text editor. Configure the Database, Server, Port, DSCXValue and CompanyID. Once you are done configuring settings, save and close the file.
Note: CompanyID should correspond to the Company ID inside VDM's Settings. The rest of the information (Database, Server, Port) is the same information you would use setting up an ODBC/IRIS connection
6. Run the following command using PowerShell:
docker cp c:\temp\appsettings.json BridgeWorksDSC:/app/
7. Restart the the BridgeWorksDSC container inside Docker.
8. Create a new InterSystems IRIS Connection inside VDM. Following the steps below.
- Enable Use Data Service Connector
- Enter the URL to the Data Service Connector (Can be found in Docker container. See Image below). If using Port 443, use HTTPS instead of HTTP.
- Enter the DSCXValue that was entered into the appsettings.json file. (Step 5)
9. Enter the User Name and Password for the new connection.
10. Verify successful connection. (Click Load All Tables to refresh)