Trouble viewing images? Click on images to enlarge.
Steps For Setting Up Database Files
1. Right click on Database Files in the Tables/Fields section and select Add From Text File > Delimited.
2. Select the Text File that will be used.
3. If only using one file, leave the file selection on Single. VDM supports Single, Multi and Directory file selections.
4. Select Delimiter. This is the value used to parse the text file. For example: Comma would be ',' (without the quotes). For a tab, use the word tab.
5. If the headers are present inside the file set this to True. This will bring in the Column Names as well as their datatype.
6. Give the new table a name. If you would like to add the Import Date and File Name into the database, set these options to True.
7. If you would like the table to use the most current data when a view is ran, enable the Refresh on View Search option.
8. Once the options have been set, click Preview to see the Columns and Datatype layout. You can then modify the column names as you like as well as set the datatypes.
9. Last verify the import by clicking Test Import. If the import fails check that all datatypes are correct. If the import is successful click finish.
10. The new database file will be located under Tables and Fields, ready to be used like any other table in a view.
Important Note: If MDS is enabled, you will not be able to use the Database Files connection without selecting another database first.
Please sign in to leave a comment.