When adding Charts to Finished Reports it is often necessary to display charting information based on the group level of the report.
Below is an example of the Chart prior to adding the appropriate Data Filters. We're grouping on the EmployeeID field and would like the chart to only show data relevant to the group's EmployeeID. Currently, the Chart is unfiltered and showing the full dataset for each EmployeeID.
Setting Up Group Level Charting
1. Place your chart in the desired Group Level.
2. Click the + icon where it says Series(0) and select the type of graph you want. (This example uses Bar)
3. Select the Data tab
4. Select your Fields.
5. Select the Properties tab.
6. Expand the Date-Time Summary Options.
7. Set the Summary Function. (This example uses Count)
8. Add a new Condition to the Filter String
9. Set the first box to the field you want to filter on (This example filters on EmployeeID)
10. Change the second box to a parameter by clicking two times on the pencil icon.
11. Select Add Parameter.
12. Set the binding to the field you want to use for each groups filter. (This example uses EmployeeID = Details.EmployeeID)
Filter String Set Up
13. Set the Measure Unit. (This example uses Years)
14. Select the Primary AxisX.
15. Expand the Date Time Scale Options and set the Measure Unit. (This example uses Year)
16. Preview the Finished Report.
Below is the Chart's output after the EmployeeID Data Filter has been added to the series. Notice the Chart's output is different for each EmployeeID.