Group Level Charting
Trouble seeing the images? Right click on images and open in new tab to enlarge or zoom in on the page (Ctrl + mousewheel).
When adding Charts to Finished Reports it is often necessary to display charting information based on the group level of the report.
Below is an example of the Chart prior to adding the appropriate Data Filters. We're grouping on the EmployeeID field and would like the chart to only show data relevant to the group's EmployeeID. Currently, the Chart is unfiltered and showing the full dataset for each EmployeeID.
Setting Up Group Level Charting
1. Place your chart in the desired Group Level then click Okay when the designer opens.
2. Click the Chart Tasks button.
3. Enter the Parameters collection
4. Click Add then set the Binding to the field you want to use for the grouping, then click OK.
5. Select the Chart and click the Chart Tasks button then select Run Designer.
6. Click the + icon where it says Series(0) and select the type of graph you want. (This example uses Bar)
7. Select the Data tab
8. Select your Fields.
9. Select the Properties tab.
10. Expand the Date-Time Summary Options.
11. Set the Summary Function. (This example uses Count)
12. Add a new Condition to the Filter String
13. Set the first box to the field you want to filter on (This example filters on EmployeeID)
14. Change the second box to a parameter by clicking two times on the pencil icon. You should get ?controlParameter1 (See Filter String Set Up screenshot below) then click OK.
Filter String Set Up
15. Set the Measure Unit. (This example uses Years)
16. Select the Primary AxisX.
17. Expand the Date Time Scale Options and set the Measure Unit. (This example uses Year)
18. Preview the Finished Report.
Below is the Chart's output after the EmployeeID Data Filter has been added to the series. Notice the Chart's output is different for each EmployeeID.
Please sign in to leave a comment.