Trouble seeing the images? Right click on images and open in new tab to enlarge or zoom in on the page (Ctrl + mousewheel).
Article Goal: Cover the purpose / usage / interactivity within report fields area in VDM.
In this article we cover how the report fields section in VDM's Tables and Fields.
What is the Report Fields section?
VDM’s Report Fields section allows you to manage the fields that are included in your View. To add fields to the Report Fields component you can either drag and drop selected fields from the Tables and Fields section to the Report Fields component or simply double click on the field listed in the Table and Fields section.
Not yet available.
Report Field Interactions
IMPORTANT NOTE: Prior to interacting with the Report Fields section, you must have added fields from the Tables and Fields section.
Removing fields from the view
1. Select a field to remove from the view / report field section.
2. Right click and select Remove or double click on the field.
Change field order
Note: The View will deliver the database results in the same order that is listed in the Report Fields. To change the View’s field order, drag the selected field up or down in the Report Fields list.
1. Click and hold on the field you wish to move
2. Move the cursor up or down in the list then let go where you want the field.
Add Custom Functions
1. Right click in the Report Field section to bring up the right click context menu.
2. Select Add Custom Field / Function.
3. Enter the required information for setting up the Custom Function.
Report Fields Right Click Options
Right clicking on the Report Fields component will display the following options:
- Remove: Removes the selected Report Field from the View
- Add Custom Field/Function: Prompts for any supported SQL logic for your database. This feature is commonly used for adding calculations or string functions, such as substring and concatenations, or data type conversions. Custom Fields and Functions are evaluated by the database at the time of View execution. VDM will send the added text to the database exactly as entered in the prompt. Please review your database documentation for supported functions and the appropriate syntax.
Please sign in to leave a comment.