Trouble seeing the images? Right click on images and open in new tab to enlarge or zoom in on the page (Ctrl + mousewheel).
Article Goal: Create a Finished Report that leverages Page Break to separate sections of the report by page.
In this article we are going to cover the steps to create a Finished Report that leverages Page Break.
Why Use Page Break?
Page breaks allow you to start a fresh page based on the set band/bands in Finished Reports. This will help keep sections of the report organized by ensuring that certain sections are at the start/end of certain pages.
Available Page Break Options:
- No page break will be added before / after the band (Default Option)
Before the Band
- A new page will start before the set band.
Before the Band, Except for the First Entry
- A new page will start before the set band, except for the first time the band is displayed.
After the Band
- A new page will start after the set band.
After the Band, Except for the Last Entry
- A new page will start after the set band, except for the last time the band is displayed.
Where Do You Add a Page Break?
Page breaks can be added by selecting any of the bands in your Finished Report Designer and clicking on the Tasks button to the right of the selected band.
Steps to Add Page Breaks.
1. Open the Finished Reports Designer.
2. Select the desired band you want the Page Break added on.
3. Click on the Tasks Button for the selected band (cog button to the right of the selected band).
4. Set the desired Page Break option. This example uses Before the Band, Except for the First Entry.
5. Preview and verify the page break fits your reporting needs.
6. Save the desired changes.