Note: All Visualize examples are done with the Northwinds sample database. If you would like to use the Northwinds database as well, click here. This impacts the fields used in creating the Pivot.
- Click the Cards Icon to insert this element into the Data Visualization.
- Drag a field into the Cards actual
- Drag a field into the Cards series
- Right Click in the fields list and add a calculated field
- Right click on the calculated field and rename to Target
- Right Click Target select edit
- Set the target
Example Northwinds Cards
- Click the Cards Icon to insert this element into the Data Visualization
- Drag the Shipping Fee field into the Cards actual
- Click the drop down for Shipping Fee
- Select Format…
- Set Format Type to Currency
- Set the Unit to Ones
- Set the Precision to 0
- Check the Include group separator
- Drag the State/Province field into the Cards series.
- Drag the Target field into the Cards target
- Right Click in the fields list and edit the Target
- Click the drop down and change the target from (Sum) to (Max)
This example shows the sum of Shipping Fees by State in comparison to the set target.
Example Creating Cards